6/16/10

Home Sweet Home...Apartment?

Here's a quick little (poor quality) photo tour of my new digs.

Welcome to the living room. Here is where you can watch my small, non-HDTV television that has RCN basic cable. This is the Charles Shaw of living rooms- cheap, easy, and when you don't think about it too much, it's actually pretty great.


Next we'll move into the bathroom. I didn't take a picture of the inside of the shower, but it was built for midgets. The showerhead reaches my chin, so I have to pull some serious yoga moves to wash my hair. It got me a monthly discount on rent, though, so it's all good. I would say this is the Busch Lite of bathrooms- not perfect, but with enough effort, it gets the job done. Oh, and p.s. the bathroom is tiled pink...score!
Next up, my kitchen. Probably one of my favorite rooms. It is the largest space and includes a washer/dryer! I am in the process of decorating and planning a theme, but as it stands it is just thrown together for now. Mom invested in some Krud Kutter, and she's been on her hands and knees cleaning and polishing the tiles (amazing effort by Mom on this one, I didn't even realize it was that dirty- but check out the comparison picture below). This is definitely the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat- in reality it's not that amazing compared to Sam Summer or even Sam Light, but it captures my heart with every sip.


Let's move onto the office. This is currently my storage space, too, so cut it some slack. It is technically a second bedroom, but since I don't have an illegitimate child to put in here, I get to have an office! The best part about the room (besides the space)- an extra walk-in closet! Phew, finally a closet specially designed to hold my dresses, skirts, sweaters, and shoes. This will be where I put a nice pullout couch for sleepovers/crashers/anyone who wants to visit (seriously, I'm going to be lonely, come visit). I've also dubbed this "Insert Friends Name's Room" when I talk to people to make them feel special (yes, that means you, Linds). Really, it's just supposed to be a place where I get my schoolwork done, but it's actually where I waste more time on the internet and store my extra boxes (hoarders style). This is the home-made Sangria of Offices- just a bunch of old, half-empty bottles of alcohol thrown together that happens to taste delicious (and potent!)


 Finally, we have the bedroom. This room is too large for it's own good, so it seems pretty empty so far. I haven't really picked a theme or anything, so the walls are still bare (no more elephant/safari theme, much to AJ Wright's dismay, but my mother's pleasure), but it has a really nice (read: LARGE) closet and three big windows! I am also using my bistro table set as a vanity space, until I realized I don't actually wear make-up, but the setup looks cute, so I'll keep it until I can replace it with something useful. I also don't have a tv in there, so before bed I just look at TFLN on my phone until I fall asleep. What a really exciting life I live. This is the hardest room to categorize, but I guess it's like the Ciroc Extra Dirty Vodka Martini of bedrooms- They taste so delicious that I don't realize that I've had 5 and can barely walk in a straight line. That really has nothing to do with my bedroom, but I'd really like one (or 3) right now. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all very nice....the pictures don't do the apt. justice at all. It really has to be seen in person to appreciate the space that you have. Oh, and by the way I hope to finish the floor by the weekend...XXOO Mom

Anne said...

lookit that ikea closet! got some Antonius in there, huh? silver frame and wire baskets? nice, nice.

Julie said...

I really respect a lady that appreciates good Swedish furniture designed by androgynous people with names like Tord Björklund.